Tuesday 28 February 2017

Two Heads Are Better Than One...(I think)

When Your Character Takes Over Your Life...


I'm not joking.
It's all getting very confusing. I blame myself of course, but then again I could also blame Minerva, as she's the one who's taking over. She can be quite overpowering at times.
See what I mean?


This is no laughing matter, I can tell you.
It's not normal is it?
Although to be fair, I've never understood the word or had any interest in its meaning anyway.

And it's never sounded more foreign since Minerva arrived on the scene. She doesn't really fit into any kind of box, as she tends to be one of those women who think far enough outside it to be off the radar most of the time.
And who can blame her?
I don't.

She's my kind of woman and definitely my kind of Witch. We have so much in common it's not real...or is it? Surely it's just a matter of belief, like magic.
And if we make real what we believe in, then anything's possible right?
Well it is with Minerva anyway.

I knew when I wrote the first book - The Madness & the Magic , that I'd barely scratched the surface with the characters. It was a brief introduction, just enough to get the taste buds going, but it served its purpose and got them out there.
Now, I can really get my teeth into them and have some fun. Minerva, of course being the one I identify with most for obvious reasons...but I have great empathy with Isis and her nervous disposition, although she is getting stronger I must admit. There is life after Derek you'll be pleased to hear and who knows what or who could be lurking around the corner for her?
Now that would be telling and quite rude and I don't want to get into the habit of spoiling things...do I?

Then there's Ronnie who's third eye issues would be enough to send the sanest among us over the edge. Or in Minerva's case that might be over the hedge. Hang on, I've not written that yet.
That's one for tomorrow's instalment, I can see it now...
How small in some ways my world has become since surrendering to the writing of this sequel. But total immersion IS the only way to really do something properly I'm finding. And when it comes to the world of the imagination, it's as big as you want it to be and that's what I love about it.
Who needs boundaries? Stories certainly don't. Ever.
Minerva hates them and strangely and madly enough, I know just how she feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment